Wednesday, November 2, 2016

How is it November Already?

     Wow, time flies. I can't believe we've been in school for two months already. The first marking period is over and the holidays are fast approaching. Think about it; we're closer to Christmas than to the first day of school.

     Things have been crazy busy at work. I not only took on an extra class, but I've also been put in charge of the school newsletter. Thank God it's quarterly. Our new administration has a new policy that every failing student must have some form of intervention. In order to do so, we have to show that we've contacted the parents at least three times. Most phone numbers either don't work or they go unanswered. Maybe that fact alone is scary enough for me to write about for my thesis.

     Speaking of which, it's proving harder than I thought to write what I think is "thesis worthy". I'm not 100% sure that what I'm producing is... good enough for lack of a better term. Don't worry, this isn't another despair post. I'm just looking forward to meeting with Dr. Zamora on Thursday so I can get some direction.

     I've never been one to take much initiative. I'd much rather take direction than provide it. So to set off on my own to write this thesis is leaving me constantly guessing. I know that my group will provide with great feedback, as will Dr. Zamora.

     Actually sitting down to write my passage has been a great experience. I know the time will come when I have to sit down and weave all the pieces together into a cohesive unit. Even still, I'm trying to keep that thought in the back of my mind so that it will be easier to do when that time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment